Thursday, May 27, 2010

Friday Flower (On A Thursday Night)

Congratulations to my friend and co-worker Carmen Mitchell. Her very popular webisode "Real Girls Guide to Everything Else" was profiled yesterday on NPR. Listen to it here.

I just finished "Rise and Shine," Simon Lewis' harrowing true story and will now read Wiliam Michaelian's chapbook of short stories, "Among The Living."

Finally, I'm going to follow in Petrea's footsteps. She has "Zen Monday" at her blog Pasadena Daily Photo. As of last week, I'm attempting Flower Friday or Friday Flower or Flower Power Friday or something.

6 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

Oh, hello! Now if I could only follow in your footsteps and shoot something brilliantly noir.

I don't think I've ever seen a flower like this one. It's my favorite flower shot of yours--so far.

Leslie D. said...

"..even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Who was Solomon again?

Virginia said...

FLower Friday works for me. Gorgeous.
V

Ann said...

just found your blog...love your work! i hope to spend the rest of the night and weekend taking time to go through your archive..I'm L.A. born and bred and find your photography brilliant!

Tash said...

Very powerful flower!
Very cool about your friend...I will check it out. Nice for you to link P in Pas.

Anonymous said...

dude! thanks for the shout-out!! i just stumble across it today=). xo-Carmen