Thursday, December 07, 2006

At My Desk With(out) Coffee (#12)

I think its funny that someone in Los Angeles had an idea to do a mural of the Mexican muralist Jose Clemente Orozco. I saw it a few months ago around Washington and La Brea, I think.

I'm still feeling good from my Night With The Corn Maiden - two of Trader Joes very tasty "Euro-Mex Cuisine" tamales while listening to Lee Konitz play with Gerry Mulligan. (Napster, and I suppose all the other music download sites, are so impressive - I read something somewhere that sounds interesting and thirty seconds later I'm hearing it.)

This is Day Thirteen Without Coffee. And I still miss it. But I'm sleeping better, I'm more clear-headed in the mornings and I just couldn't deny that my stomach was beginning to say "Enough."

Quote Of The Morning:
A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe,
a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself,
his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from
the rest. A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting
us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons
nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this
prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace
all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
--Albert Einstein

3 comments:

Lally said...

Great quote from Einstein! Says it all. Good luck with the coffee. I gave up caffiene years ago and most of my stomach problems went with it.

AArtVark said...

You'll be back to the dark side of the brew soon enough...

Scott Roeben said...

Great to hear about the coffee thing! I've never had even a sip of it, so I'm with you!